Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems, also called electronic Case Report Form (eCRF), are software aimed at collecting data during clinical studies.
For non-profit studies, i.e. promoted by public or non-profit research organisations, open source or free EDC/eCRF systems are often used. OpenClinica and REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) are among the most widely used software tools worldwide. The latter is used by more than 5,000,000 research organisations for over 1.3 million projects.
We provide consulting on electronic data collection systems for non-profit clinical studies and disease registries based on
- Harmonization of a data source with international standard terminology aimed at integration into OMOP
- Installation of OHDSI tools for: characterization of source data, exploration and analysis of harmonized data and data quality control
- Support for the design of observational studies through OHDSI tools (e.g. ATLAS)
- Training for the use of OHDSI tools for data exploration and analysis
- Ordinary maintenance (system updates, architecture monitoring, etc.)
- Support for the automatic compilation of eCRFs (e.g. REDCap) with data from local information systems through integration with OMOP
Our team has supported several research organisations with integration, training and customisation of eCRF systems for the management of more than 50 not-for-profit clinical trials and disease registries.