Electronic Data Capture (EDC) systems, also called electronic Case Report Form (eCRF), are software aimed at collecting data during clinical studies.
For non-profit studies, i.e. promoted by public or non-profit research organisations, open source or free EDC/eCRF systems are often used. OpenClinica and REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) are among the most widely used software tools worldwide. The latter is used by more than 5,000,000 research organisations for over 1.3 million projects.
We support the harmonization of Real World Data aimed at generating scientific evidence through observational studies
- Consulting on HW/SW infrastructure
- Support of eCRF design for clinical trials or disease registries
- Import of historical data from other collection systems such as Excel, Access, FileMaker, etc.
- Design of extensions for data quality
- Design of extensions for data extraction and reports in custom formats
- Harmonisation in OMOP Common Data Model for data FAIRification
- Support for automatic data compilation through integration with OMOP/i2b2
Our team has supported several research organisations with integration, training and customisation of eCRF systems for the management of more than 50 not-for-profit clinical trials and disease registries.